The Journey, Artist statement

Artist Statement


The information I have gathered throughout my journey has been very useful. The people I have met are invaluable! Some of my most memorable experiences are documented in this blog. I approached this blog in an informational manner and also a visual manner. You will notice this as you read many Hyperlinks to further extend your knowledge of the information that is listed. 

I would like to express the change that has come over me during this blogging experience. I have always known that we are all unique people here on earth. We are all just regular people living our lives choosing our paths. Everybody is different, some people chase the money, others are satisfied with life as it is, and lots of people have not crossed the bridge of finding themselves. There are however, some very special people in this world! People who want to make a change, people who will sacrifice for others, so that they can bring joy and enrich the lives of people less fortunate. Now that my friend, is profound!  These people are few and far between. 

During my trips into the JPNA area I met the receiving end of these good hands and they were extremely grateful. I remember one Tuesday night that I was in the  Amaranth Bakery & Cafe  and a young women walked in and said “ Is this where I can pay what I can for a bowl of soup?” and David Boucher said “Yes this is the place”. When I saw the look of relief on her face I was very moved! She proceeded to give David a hug and with tears in her eyes she said thank you. It is moments like these that change lives. 

I know that in class I try to be funny and always have something to say. I want to say that I can be serious and the stories I have told and will tell are from my heart.   With that said, I would like to focus on another experience.  

The Jacob's Family are an older couple that has lived in the area for thirty plus years. They were one of the first families to receive a home and two lots of land for two dollars. The Jacob's family lived through a lot of persecution from jealous neighbors. This family is strong and they stick together with there two daughters. They taught them in a manner that secured good decision making. They now are blessed with grand kids and there daughters live right down the street. They love their home now and their neighbors have changed and so many new houses have been built. They feel safe here in the Johnson park neighborhood. The Jacob's family said they may not have ever owned a home if was not for the city’s efforts to rejuvenate the area. 

In closing I would like to thank everyone that has helped me through this journey. I hope you enjoy my blog and really read into the subjects at which I have blogged about. I chose them because they were important to me and they were very interesting. 

If we as a people can live our lives unselfishly, always trying to find the good in others we can change the world one smile at a time. I truly believe this! I have really been trying to make a conches effort to acknowledge people on the street, in the hall and anywhere. Life becomes more interesting when you strike up a conversation with a perfect stranger. This experience has helped open my eyes to a very sweet and powerful new beginning.

Sincerely, 

        Joshua Lynch 

         April 30th 2009   

0 comments:

Post a Comment