Artist Statement

Artist Statement 
03/25/09

My JPNA tour was awesome. I was able to talk with a young lady about her home business as a day care center. She has 17 kids that she takes care of in the 
neighborhood. Inside her home office I saw many cool things for kids to do and learn. She introduced me to the children and they looked so happy. She was one of the people who benefited from the housing program. She has lived in her home for five years. She allowed me to tour her home and it was very nice. I really liked her home it had a comfy feel and it was very nicely decorated with art from her heritage. She also showed me some of the surrounding neighborhood.
I noticed that there were many houses that still needed help; they were falling apart at the seems. It was very surprising to see this, one house was all re-done and the house next door had a tarp on the roof or the porch was about to fall off. The bird fountain I found was very cool and unique, it was in a part of the nebiorhood that was redone to the max. Every house on the street looked very nice and clean.
During my tour I talked to a few people, everyone seamed to be nice and helpful. I talked to an older gentlemen that had lived in the area for ten years he had bought his lot for one dollar. He said that was the best dollar he ever spent.
Overall my experience was great, it was nice to talk with so many great people.
Joshua Lynch

1 comments:

Jake Kornely said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment